The Evil Stepmom
1. you constantly think that the love of my father is some prize that requires a battle.
2. you will always see in me the woman that my father once loved and was married to first
3. you will consistently treat my half siblings with more respect because, well, you have to but me….feel free to treat like crap because we don’t have the same blood running through our veins..
4. You will forever get between my relationship with my father but no worries cause the second your away its just me and him and I am reminded how much he loves me.
5. Not only will you attempt to get between my father and I but also between me and my younger sisters…but to your dismay your brainwashing is still unsuccessful cause I am still the cool, young, but older sister.
6. your stares and evil glares will no longer take hold of me and tears will no longer be shed for you
7. I am nice to you because I want to be not because I have to be
8. #7 is slowly going away as your fake gestures become more and more clear to me
9.Lastly you make me thank God everyday that I am a grown women now and no longer have to live under the same roof as you.
The amount of hurt you have caused me stops NOW
Women do not have to:
- be thin
- give birth
- cook for you
- have long hair
- wear makeup
- have sex with you
- be feminine
- be graceful
- be fashionable
- wear pink
- love men
- be the media’s idea of perfection
- listen to your bullshit
- have a vagina
This is very true, but it’s important to remember that if a woman is feminine, graceful, shaves, diets, wears make up, or does any of these things in the list, it doesn’t make her a slave to patriarchy or any less of a feminist than you.
It sucks and needs to die !!!
100% OVER it
I am over
1. Trying to fit in
2. Being nice and friendly and getting shit in return
and I guess I am unlucky to have a heart that actually gets hurt by these things! Makes me even more thankful to have a man who loves me and accepts me for who i am despite all my weirdness….one who doesn’t take me for granted and makes me feel so wanted!!! God, my family, my man, and my career are all I need….having those things alone make me feel blessed. Now if I could just somehow disconnect from my need to be around others. I need to change something without compromising who I am!!!
If customers/Clients could realize just half of what I am sacrificing to be there to assist them maybe they would be a little kinder or patient…. I miss everything….I miss every family function, every birthday, every party, and I feel like I’m missing out on life sometimes!!! Especially around the holiday season! I am lucky enough to have a job that is flexible and works around my school schedule, but still doesn’t change the fact that I work pretty much every single Saturday !! I see some of my family that is so close to each other and I only wish I could feel the same 1 of the many reasons I can’t wait to graduate and hopefully find a weekday job !! I love my job now but I’ve come to realize retail is not something I will do for the rest of my life!